Thursday, August 7, 2014

UPDATED: August Shop Your Stash Kit

UPDATE: Check out THIS PAGE on how to "Shop Your Stash"!!

While I've been making stuff off and on this Spring, I realized that I wasn't using my Gossamer Blue Life Pages kits. Or crafting unless otherwise necessary or needed. I had lost my mojo. I've been working on a ton of stuff lately, including a TON of wedding decorations (post to come later!!)... But my poor GB LP kits have been sitting. And stacking up. So I cancelled them. They are gorgeous, amazing, as in, I am kicking myself that I won't have the new stuff... But the deal that I made with myself was that if I wasn't going to use my products in that month, I had to cancel. And I gave myself a bunch of leeway while completing my National Boards, but I haven't created a weekly layout since March. Not. Good.

So, I'm back to using up all of my fun stuff in my stash. And I challenged myself to make a Counterfeit Kit that was reminiscent of August's AMAZING!! Gossamer Blue kit. I mean, bokeh, and woodgrain, and OMG that blue!!!! Seriously, Lori Gentile has an UH-MAZING eye for mixing (and her customer service is insanely awesome).

For my Counterfeit Kit, you'll notice that I pulled from a ton of different lines, companies, and seriously, two of the patterned papers are Christmas! Who knew! Rather than the bokeh, I went with polka dots, and pulled one of my favorite pieces of Sass paper that I have squirreled away for rainy days. I thought I could stamp on the kraft or even the cork sticker for a similar effect to the pieces that she put in the kit, and finally have a good reason to use up my woodgrain enamel dots! I can't wait to start using it!! (Just in case you were wondering... my craft room has a cork floor that's peeking out on both sides...)
Paper Top Row L-R:
Love Letters - Amy Tangerine for American Crafts
Be You (Lime Twist) - My Mind's Eye
unknown - Stampin' Up
Foundations Two (Classique-Elegant) - Authentique
Family Ties (So Sophie) - My Mind's Eye
Winter Wonderland (Sleigh Ride) - Crate Paper

Paper Bottom Row L-R:
Robust (Suave) - Authentique
Twinkle (Glistening) - Authentique
Friends Forever (Stella & Rose) - My Mind's Eye
Textile (Random) - Crate Paper
Playhouse (Emma's Shoppe) - Crate Paper
Golden Hour (Sunshine Broadcast) - Sassafras Lass

Embellishments:
Star Stick Pins - Maya Road
Layered Clouds chipboard - UmWowStudios
DIY Envelopes - Simple Stories
woodgrain Enamel Dots - Studio Calico
Cork Label Sticker - Fancy Pants
Hey You Vintage Buttons - Basic Grey
Decorative Stickers, Label Stickers, Tiny Word Stickers (Collectable) - My Mind's Eye
Assorted die cuts - My Mind's Eye & Crate Paper
Everywhere Thickers - American Crafts
Wish You Were Here Stamp Set - Lawn Fawn Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I had not seen the Counterfeit Kit challenge and I believe I might need to get on board with that! Awesome stuff shown here....

    ReplyDelete